Suggestions!
Shano56 Offline

Suggestions!
Suggestion 1: Allow the forum header to go away once you scroll down. It takes up like 1/5th of the screen real-estate so it's hard to browse the forum. I use adblock to completely remove it cuz it's that annoying, but it would be nice to have navigation. Look at the screenie I attached to show what I had to remove to make the forum bearable Tongue

Suggestion 2: I forgot...i'll edit this if i remember Dx

Oh yes! I remembered suggestion #2 just now while trying to browse the forum for new posts..there's no way to view new posts! Perhaps a "New posts" button would be nice Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 12988908.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2012 05:44 AM by Shano56.)
01-18-2012 05:14 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

RE: Suggestions!
(01-18-2012 05:14 AM)Shano56 Wrote:  Suggestion 1: Allow the forum header to go away once you scroll down. It takes up like 1/5th of the screen real-estate so it's hard to browse the forum. I use adblock to completely remove it cuz it's that annoying, but it would be nice to have navigation. Look at the screenie I attached to show what I had to remove to make the forum bearable Tongue

Suggestion 2: I forgot...i'll edit this if i remember Dx

Oh yes! I remembered suggestion #2 just now while trying to browse the forum for new posts..there's no way to view new posts! Perhaps a "New posts" button would be nice Smile

If you change your theme to "at work" then the site header will be a small black bar but still stay static, but take up much less room. I removed a bit of forum options to keep things more simplified. Maybe I will check into modifying the search to still allow new posts and todays posts.

01-18-2012 06:05 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

I added 2 links on the search page to find new posts and todays posts.

01-18-2012 06:27 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shano56 Offline

Thank you for adding the search options. A little more input to make this site even better..

The 2 search links aren't very obvious (I'm assuming many people won't think to go to search to find new posts). If possible, maybe add a link to next to user cp messages chat, etc displaying "View New Posts" or "View New Content"

And yeah I tried that, however the theme is too ugly for my liking Tongue I'll stick with blocking the banner in adblock, but if you ever make it nonstatic, please let me know if you can remember.

Thanks for the great site.

[Image: 12988908.png]
01-18-2012 07:54 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply