WiiFlow Update 2 > 4
megabruno4d Offline

WiiFlow Update 2 > 4
Hello, I have updated a year ago wiiflow to vr.2 now I want to update to vr.4 and wiiflow crashes,(did a backup of vr2) is there anything else i need to do besides copying the files to the SD card? Do i need to update my Wii to a new softmod?
03-24-2013 12:06 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
megabruno4d Offline

RE: WiiFlow Update 2 > 4
OMG now my backup doesnt seem to work when i put the parental control code the covers get all messy and it doesnt register my blocks (my brother is 8 and cant play some games) what do I do??
03-24-2013 03:39 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

RE: WiiFlow Update 2 > 4
If you had not updated for quite some time then most likely the newer version relies on a different IOS or some newer updated files. You may need to update your softmod in order to get the latest software to work. You can also try different usb loaders to see if those work at all.

I use pimpmywii to update my softmod, but just keep in mind that when you start updating and changing things, plan on spending some time to debug and get things back fully functional again. Usually its best to not update unless you really have a need for it or a new feature you really want.

Also usually when you update to a newer version of software, its best to clear out any config files and start completely fresh. Old config files can cause issues with a newer version.

03-25-2013 07:39 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply