Theme Maker
VampireLordAlucard Offline

Theme Maker
I just downloaded a few of the themes and will be testing them out and stuff, but I was wondering if anyone was working on making a "theme maker" program. Something that would give you a pretty good idea of how the button placement and everything will look without having to transfer it to the Wii, and also let you easily change things like button placement through the GUI. Or is it already pretty easy and not necessary?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone was working on such a program and if so, for which loader?
12-03-2009 02:13 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
beast666 Offline
Forum/Themes Moderator

RE: Theme Maker
I dont think that somebody will make a program that make themes for loaders

its difficult but not impossible Smile

[Image: logo.png]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Heaven doesnt want me and hell is scared I am going to take over.
12-03-2009 02:27 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Well, I've seen theme editors off all sorts before. If you are familiar with the Acekard, a flash cart for the Nintendo DS, their website has tons of themes posted on it, and they even have a theme editor that you can download to make the process easier. If I knew how to program I'd gladly make one, but unfortunately, I don't :/

Of course, its a bit different since they have a commercial product they are trying to sell, and making it easy for users to customize their Acekard probably doesn't hurt.
12-03-2009 03:15 PM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

I dont think it would be too difficult to make a flash application to do this. I am not that skilled with flash though and dont think anyone with the skills would be willing to do so. It may also be possible to do with PHP and the GD library for creating images, but again would be too much work then I am willing to do.

12-03-2009 03:27 PM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
beast666 Offline
Forum/Themes Moderator

yes but that is for nintendo DSi

i really dont see a theme maker for nintendo wii.

all themes for wii, for usb loaders for channels are manually created.

12-03-2009 03:29 PM

(12-03-2009 03:29 PM)beast666 Wrote:  yes but that is for nintendo DSi

i really dont see a theme maker for nintendo wii.

all themes for wii, for usb loaders for channels are manually created.

Yea it is for the DS, but the theme creating program runs on your computer still. Its almost exactly like this from what I remember - you have a folder for each theme, and in each folder is a bunch of icons and pictures and stuff. You can manually make a Acekard theme as well, its just easier with their editor, as you can just drag the icons around however you'd like and it updates the config file with the coordinates for you. And you can click a browse button and add backgrounds with ease. Oh well. There are much less graphics for these loaders I believe, so it's not too bad.
12-03-2009 03:51 PM
ballboff Offline

There is a theme editor for configurable usb loader, called config loader configurator lol. Apart from that I dunno. You still need to be able to do the graphics yourself anyway, so photoshop's a good theme maker lol.

=====================================

Wii 4.2E Softmodded
preloader 0.30
cIOS38 Rev 14 iOS 249
Neogamma R8 Beta 14
Configurable USB Loader
Wiiflow 1.1
External Seagate 500GB
Official Wii Sandisk 2GB SD Card
HBC Version 1.0.6
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 08:15 PM by ballboff.)
12-03-2009 08:14 PM
beast666 Offline
Forum/Themes Moderator

if that programa for CFG LOADER exist, maybe programers can make a theme maker for other loaders.

Just we have to pray...lol

12-04-2009 12:12 AM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

I have been thinking about this a little bit and it might be something that I could look into doing. Some of the other loaders should be easy to make for because there doesnt appear to be very many images to change. USB Loader GX would be harder, but not impossible. I most likely wont add one for that loader until they make all the images skinable that they are going to allow, it seems to change often and would be lots of wasted work if I built one now.

I may start on a Theme Maker for the other loaders that will allow you to upload an image to replace the existing one and will dynamically show you the preview, then allow you to add it to the site. First I need to try out the other loaders to get a feel for them.

12-14-2009 03:04 PM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
beast666 Offline
Forum/Themes Moderator

that sounds cool deak.

12-15-2009 09:14 PM